Sadie's Quilt

Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Center Block






Since the quilt is 9 blocks square, and I'm using 4 basic colors (pink, blue, yellow, lavender) and have 12 embroidery heart blocks, the center square had to be a bit different.

I've been mulling around how this would work for as long as I've been making these heart blocks! As you can see, there are 4 embroidery blocks.

The center dark pink is also what I'll use as sashing (the strip between the larger blocks).

The pink and lavender floral will be the outer border of your quilt and also the back of your quilt (so I really hope you like it!)

I love how this came out! I've also included close ups of all the embroidered blocks. I think I only have 3 more blocks to do and then start the sashing and borders and then quilt it!!

Love you,
Grandma Lin